SMYC Mission Statement
The Sydney Murugan Youth Circle aims to promote the revival of Saivam amongst youth; to cultivate a deeper understanding and appreciation of our religious values and traditions; and to foster growth on cultural, spiritual and social levels by engaging in selfless service.
Aims and Objectives
- To provide a meeting ground for youth to discuss and explore the various facets of our religious faith.
- To facilitate an awareness of our traditions and culture through knowledge-building activities such as seminars and workshops.
- To encourage youth organisation and participation in temple activities and other religious efforts.
- To be proactive in promoting human welfare and co-ordinating community services for the elderly, the needy and the disadvantaged.
- To promote spiritual development through mind - building practices such as meditation and yoga.
- To preserve our culture now and for the future - its spirituality, arts, literature and philosophy.
- Abiramy Thirunanthakumar -
- Kularam Mageswaramoorthy -
SMYC Sub - Committee Members
|The Sydney Murugan Youth Circle conducts the following activities:
- Youth day
- Clean up day
- Garland making lessons
- Kolam lessons
- Hospital/nursing home/refugee visits
- Counter duty
- Yoga classes
- Assist with Friday food sales
- Musical performances